The Protestant secondary school in Haldensleben
The aims and objectives of our school:
Our Christian learning community aims to:
- Establish a happy, calm, secure learning environment in which children thrive
- Foster in the children a sense of personal responsibility
- Prepare students for the experiences of life
The school and working life
We set a high value on the cooperation with the local economy to prepare our pupils for their later working life.
We achieve this task through the following measures and activities:
- Cooperation with the working group School &Economy in the administrative district Börde since the 2011/12 school year.
- Realization of the projects where students get ideas for deciding on their future career (the project Brafo Year 6 and 7, among other things).
- Regular cooperation with the career center of the Federal Employment Agency.
- Student internship lasting 2 weeks in most cases which is from Year 7 (Year 7: social internship for a week; Year 8: industrial placement; Year 9:
- industrial placement; Year 10: social internship).The Café Profession: parents introduce their professions to students.
- The vocational navigator for Year 7 and 8 is a new project since the 2010/11 school year.
- The pupils’ company (working group) “Burning school” for Year 8 (pupils of all grades can participate in the company since the 2011/12 school year).
- Regular visiting of training schools /centers by students and subject teachers.
- Regular pupil participation in the annual “Future Day” (formerly “Girls’ Day”).
- Regular internship for Year 9 (once a week for half of the class) at the largest German manufacturer of wind energy converters Enercon in Magdeburg (a new project since the 2011/12 school year). The contents of the first apprenticeship year as well as chemistry and physics subject matter are both taught in practice.