School and Religion
As a Protestant school, we want to make the Christian faith as an offer for everyone to see. Therefore, faith, God and Christian values are not "banished" in the religious education, but also play an important role in many areas of school life.
- We start each school week with a specially hour (morning circle).It’s time for reflections, devotions and the opportunity to say a prayer.
- We quit all together each school week with blessings and a blessing song
- Religious issues have a place in every subject and can be clarified.
- In the "room of silence" the students can find a quiet place, where they can have a break and reflect.
- Church services take place frequently. Both in close cooperation with local communities, as well as school-based services.
- The children help actively to organize and to conduct services: intercessory prayers, drama, actions, readings, songs etc.
- Each school year starts with a church service. Special festivals are celebrated with church services and the pupils occasionally organize worship too. Church services are almost always held in the churches in order to know them better.
- Other communal events such as the Way of the Cross and the German Protestant Convention (Evangelischer Kirchentag) are organized and celebrated.
- The blessing service for Year 8 is an alternative offer to the youth initiation ceremony. For students who do not wish tobe confirmed in the Evangelical Church an initiation ritual is offered. It is connected with the blessing of God and Christian values and takes place in the class.
- With our Christian approach, it is also particularly important to consider the children entrusted to us not only on their own efforts, but to accept them as they are and to support them.
The following teachers currently teaching at our school: Ms. Kampelmann and Ms. Meyer.
More information can also be found on our website: about us